Republic of the Philippines
PALAWAN COUNCIL FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
PCSD RESOLUTION NO. 93-22
RESOLUTION DECLARING THE “TABON”BIRD AS AN ENDANGERED SPECIES AND CALLING FOR MEASURES FOR THE ADOPTION OF ITS PROTECTION AND PROPAGATION.
WHEREAS,the “Tabon” bird is one of the unique and fascinating Fauna of the Province of Palawan;
WHEREAS, this rare bird inhabits only certain parts of the Province and because of such limited habitats its natural propagation has been slow;
WHEREAS, unrestrained gathering of “Tabon” eggs has further led to the decline of the propagation and unless promptly checked may lead to the eventual extenction of the said bird
NOW THEREFORE be it resolved that:
- The Council, in the exercise of its mandate for the protection of the indigenous wildlife of the Province of Palawan hereby declares the “Tabon” bird as an endangered species and hereby calls for the adoption of such measures for its protection and propagation as may necessary, including the following;
- Prohibiting the gathering of “Tabon” eggs;
- Prohibiting the hunting or killing of the “Tabon” bird
- Enjoining the Calauit Wildlife and Bird Sanctuary in Busuanga, Palawan to immediately commence the propagation of the “Tabon” bird;
- Conducting the necessary information campaign for the need to protect the “Tabon” bird;
- Pursuant to the above, the Council hereby enjoins the Sangguniang Panlalawigan and Sangguniang Bayan of the municipalities where the “Tabon” bird may still be found to immediately enact the necessary ordinances to carry out the above measures including such other steps relative thereto, which they may see fit in the exercise of their legislative authority.
Appropriate information should likewise be made to the Parks and Wildlife Bureau for inclusion of the”Tabon bird” in their list of endangered fauna
APPROVED AND ADOPTED this 6th day of February 1993 in Coron, Palawan.
ROLAND F. RODRIGUEZ
GOV.SALVADOR P. SOCRATES
For PDF Copy Click Here.