We, at the Palawan Council for Sustainable Development Staff, respect and value our data subjects’ privacy. We ensure that all personal data collected from our data subjects are processed according to the principles of transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality in accordance with Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
This Policy/Notice provides, in brief, the manner we collect and process personal and/or sensitive personal information every time you visit our website and avail of our services.
What information do we collect?
The types of personal data that we collect depend on the application or service that you apply or intend to avail from us, including but not limited to:
- Full name, gender, place, and date of birth;
- Marital status
- Residential/ permanent address
- Business address/ project location
- Copy of identification cards
- Employment or business information
- Contact details (telephone numbers/mobile numbers and email addresses)
- Information we collect as you access our website or use our services
- Other information necessary to provide you with the product or service you need
How and why do we collect/use your personal information/data?
We collect your personal information/data in a variety of ways.
- Information you provide directly
- When you visit our site and pages and send feedback or post comments
- Publicly or commercially available or shared information
- We may also collect other information about you, or your use of Services that you consent to send us.
- We use your personal information/data for legitimate purposes, including but not limited to:
- To assess applicant’s qualification and/or eligibility
- For verification of the accuracy, authenticity and validity of the documents submitted and other information provided
- To review and process applications before transmitting to the Council for approval
- For future urgent requirements
- To analyze our services to help us better understand our clients in order to offer quality services to you;
- To improve our services
- To respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests
- For security and safety purposes
- To comply with law, regulation and legal processes
- To the extent provided by the law
How do we protect your personal data?
We store information in paper and electronic formats. Given the importance of privacy to all concerned parties, we are committed to the highest privacy and data protection compliance standards, and we take reasonable steps to maintain data security, to use correctly the information we collect and to protect the information/data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification, and unauthorized disclosure.
We may store your personal data physically or electronically with third party data storage providers. When we do this, we use contractual arrangements to ensure those providers take appropriate measures to protect that information and restrict the uses to which they can put that information.
Web browser cookies
Rights of data subjects
As a data subject whose Personal Information will be collected and processed by us, you are entitled to the following rights, pursuant to Section 16 of Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and Section 34 of its Implementing Rules and
Regulations: (1) right to be informed; (2) right to object; (3) right to access; (4) right to rectification; (5) right to erasure or blocking; and (6) right to damages.
Amendment to the PCSDS Privacy Notice
Data Privacy Questions and Concerns
Vision: Palawan, an innovative and dynamic global center of sustainable development
Mission: PCSDS as the driver of environmental conservation and inclusive development in Palawan, a biosphere reserve and science-for-sustainability site, guided by the Strategic Environmental Plan