2017 ZERO CARBON RESORTS AWARDS
The objective of the ZCR Awards is to recognize tourism establishments tourism establishments that have adopted attributes of the Zero Carbon Resorts (ZCR) Project and Green Hotel Certification.
1. Filled-up application form must be received by the PCSDS ZCR Project Office on or before 31 December 2017.
2. Completed forms (with supporting photos) can be submitted in two ways:
A. Convert the electronically filled-in application form into PDF (or scan the entire document with attachments into a single electronic file), and e-mail to: email@example.com
B. Send the completely filled-in application form together with supporting documents to:
Zero Carbon Resorts (ZCR) Project
Palawan Council for Sustainable Development (PCSD) Office
Sports Complex Road, Sta. Monca, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
Mobile: +63 936 934 7419 (Ms. Weng Pasamonte)
3. The Screening Committee will review the submitted application in the 1st week of January 2018. Applicants that meet the cut-off date and included in the short list will be contacted. To qualify, an application must:
A. Possess the required permits/ clearances such as: PCSD SEP Clearance, DTI or SEC Registration, DOT Accreditation & Mayor’s Permit.
B. Show proof that it implements the mandatory “ZCR Green Practices”.
4. The ZCR Awards Validation Team shall conduct on-site visit of qualified and short-listed candidates in January 2018 to validate the entries made on the application form and verify the proofs thereof.
– Each of the items to be responded to (or checked) in the questionnaire gets a corresponding point/ percentage, which shall be summed up to obtain the total point score of the applicant-awardee.
5. There will be two (2) categories or levels of ZCR awardees:
A. Level A
-Micro or small tourism-related establishments such as Bed & Breakfast, lodging house, tourist inn and the like
-Rooms must be 10 and below
-Floor area must be 1,000 sq. m. & below
-No star rating required
B. Level B
-Medium or large tourism-related establishments such as hotels & resorts
-Rooms must be more than 10
-Floor area must be more than 1,000 sq. m.
-Star rating must be 1 star and above
6. The two (2) sets of awardees shall be prepared by the Validation Committee by the 1st week of February 2018. Thereafter, the awardees will be notified and an awarding ceremony will be scheduled, conferring the following awards:
A. ZCR Zero Carbon Award
-Percentage Score of 90.0% and above
B. ZCR Special Award
-Percentage Score of 80.0% to 89.99%
C. ZCR Special Citation
-Percentage Score of 70.0% to 79.99%
*There is no limit on the number of awardees per type of award
Visit the Zero Carbon Resorts (ZCR) Facebook Page:
Zero Carbon Resorts Project- Palawan
For more information, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office (048) 434-4234/ 434-4235.