Atty. Dennis Pulma, a lawyer from the Sandiganbayan talked about Gender & Development for the PCSD Staff in Puerto Princesa City on March 16-17, 2015.
Related Philippines laws and republic acts were tackled.
As an advocate in this field of our society, Atty. Pulma stressed out some points;
- GAD is very important for all to be internalized, but why focused on women?
- Women are not just violated but in many ways are vulnerable to discrimination.
- Men are said to be on top of the women, a notion and gap that has to be closed.
- While there are so many laws related to gender and development, GAD is not really all about laws but, it aims to ehnance the understanding of the basic concepts and issues on gender.
- Utimately, it aims to alleviate gender bias and actively promote gender equality and equity.