Republic of the Philippines
PALAWAN COUNCIL FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
PCSD RESOLUTION NO. 95-69
RESOLUTION CREATING A PROTECTED AREA MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE (PAMC) FOR THE TUBBATAHA REEF NATIONAL MARINE PARK IN THE PROVINCE OF PALAWAN.
WHEREAS, R.A. 7611, otherwise known as the Strategic Environmental Plan (SEP) for Palawan, took effect on 19 June 1992 and Section 6 of said Act provides that the SEP shall serve as the framework to guide the government agencies concerned the formulations of plans, programs and projects affecting the environment and natural resources of Palawan;
WHEREAS,Sections 7-11 of said Act provides for the establishment of an environmentally Critical Areas Network (ECAN), the main strategy of SEP which is a graded system of protection and development control over the whole or Palawan, including its tribal lands, forests, mines, agricultural areas, settlement areas, small islands, mangroves, coral reefs. Seagrass beds and the surrounding sea;
WHEREAS, , the PCSD, in its 23rd Council meeting held on 16 February 1994, adopted the guidelines in implementing the ECAN, prescribing among others, the allowable activities within the identified zones;
WHEREAS, , the Department of Justice (DOJ) through it Opinion No. 90 issued on 20 June 1994 states that for Palawan, it is the Council (PCSD) which shall administer and manage protected areas in accordance with among others, the applicable provisions of the NIPAS law.
WHEREAS, the PCSD, in its 33rd Council meeting held on 05 January 1995 resolved, through Resolution No.95-66, that there shall be created a Protected Area Management Committee (PAMC) in each of the protected area in the Province of Palawan, defining among others, the functions of said PAMCs:
NOW THEREFORE, upon unanimous motion by all members of the Council present, the Council:
RESOLVED, as it hereby resolve, that the following shall compose the membership of the PAMC for the Tubbataha National Marine Park (to be known as the Tubbataha PAMC):
- Mayor Efren Bungalso of Cagayancillo, Palawan
- Capt. Rex Robles of the Western Command
- Cong. David A . Ponce de Leon or his representative
- Mr. Nelson P. Devanadera, PPDO, Provincial Government of Palawan
- Exec. Director of the DENR
- Regional Executive Director of the DENR
- Representative of the Regional office of DA/BFAR
- Mr. Vic Milan of Tubbataha Foundation
- Mr. Norman Songco of Island Divers
RESOLVED FURTHER, that as provided for by PCSD Res. No. 95-66:
- The members of the PAMC shall; (a) elect from among themselves a Chairman, a Vice-Chairman and a Secretary, (b) serve for a term of two years, unless earlier revoked or extended by the Council, and (c) serve without compensation, except for actual and necessary traveling subsistence expenses incurred in the performance of their duties and subject to availability of funds.
- The PCSD Staff shall initiate the first meeting of the Tubbataha PAMC, not later than the next Regular Meeting of the Council.
- The PAMC shall, by a majority vote (a) prepare and recommend to the Council for approval a Management Plan for the area in accordance with the general management strategy, (b) endorse and recommend to the Council proposals for funding, (c) decide prepare and submit an annual report to the Council.
RESOLVED FINALLY, that copies of this resolution be sent to the concerned agencies and local government units for their information, consideration and appropriate action;
APPROVED AND ADOPTED this 5th day of January, 1995 in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan.
|CERTIFIED TRUE AND CORRECT||APPROVED|
|GOV.SALVADOR P. SOCRATES
For PDF Copy Click Here.