The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and Research Triangle International (RTI)’s Sustainable Interventions for Biodiversity, Oceans and Landscapes (SIBOL) activity in partnership with the Association of Young Environmental Journalists (AYEJ) join forces to organize “EcoBuzz: Youth Advocacy Communications Bootcamp” this June-September 2023.
This exciting initiative aims to train and empower 18 teams/ participants to develop creative and
and innovative projects that will address community-based environmental problems and communication issues. The bootcamp will include a series of training sessions on environmental protection and conservation as well as an online environmental training. Participants will have the opportunity to receive funding to implement a community project of their choice!
The training program offers the following benefits:
* Free training and certification in advocacy communications for biodiversity and sustainability.
* Multimedia modules of masterclass-quality to enhance participants knowledge and skills
* Access to experts and coaching by mentors in the diverse disciplines of environmental and science communications.
Furthermore, participants will have access to funding that will help them design and execute their own communications campaign, gaining valuable experience in campaign prototyping and have the opportunity to collaborate closely with SIBOL to scale and roll out a bigger campaign for the top three (3) teams.
The rundown of the four-month activities, is as follows:
• VIRTUAL TRAINING PROPER (June-July 2023)
– Exclusive access to a masterclass-quality online course on advocacy communication and biodiversity, oceans and landscapes.
• CAMPAIGN PROTOTYPING (August- September 2023)
– Funding support to execute a communications campaign.
• TOWN HALL AWARDING (September 2023)
– Be recognized, scale up the campaign, and get a chance to work with SIBOL.
Photo credits: https://www.facebook.com/ayej.org/